EIRE PIT BULLS
TO VIEW THE FULL SITE YOU MUST JOIN THE FORUM. THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE.
EIRE PIT BULLS
TO VIEW THE FULL SITE YOU MUST JOIN THE FORUM. THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE.
EIRE PIT BULLS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a open forum to discuss the American Pit Bull terrier, not only in Ireland but worldwide

HomeEire linksLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jasper the APBT looking for his new home

Go down 
+12
christopher oconnell
J.B
bazmud
izzy11
Helen
jayh82
Egan
Michele
Tracy
Caren
Hayls25
bootspitty
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
christopher oconnell
Bully
Bully
christopher oconnell

Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:24 pm

still i belive he should of bein walked the amount neccasarey for a while after the incindent and then if it still found he is ha then put to sleep
Back to top Go down
united
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:05 am

If we are to change the public's perception of them then WE as the fancier's should stop looking for excuses for bad dog's and get back to basic's and cull ALL the dog's that show human aggresivness.
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 10:50 am

united wrote:
If we are to change the public's perception of them then WE as the fancier's should stop looking for excuses for bad dog's and get back to basic's and cull ALL the dog's that show human aggresivness.

X2 on that!
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:06 am

i would agree about bad dogs but what constitutes a bad dog?

he was 8 months in a kennel, which can be a stress environment for the toughest of dogs. he had no interaction with kids under 16 in all that time and possibly not before that either. maybe he had a very bad experience with some little shyte? so then he's suddenly dropped into a new home and a kid which is another high stress situation.

that to me sounds like a confused and frightened dog displaying a bit of defensive aggression, not some wild killer beast.

i dont work in rescue but it doesnt take an idiot to figure out he should never have went to a home with kids. why should the rescue's misjudgement result in his death when he could have lived a perfectly good life away from children? and as a rescue he's already neutered so know one can stud him anyway.

if i can avoid dolly fighting with the endless stray cats in my complex then a responsible owner can keep his dog away from kids! arent we meant to keep them on lead and muzzled or do we just assume no one does?

Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:19 am

So every time a friend/family member comes over you tell them to fuck off because your dog will eat their child?

Doesn't sound great to me Razz
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:23 am

you put the dog out the back or seperate room. my parents put their roxy in a different room when one particular niece comes to visit.

thats a non-issue IMO
Back to top Go down
united
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:56 pm

Buzmud stop making excuses for the dog. I don't like shelter's but they did the right thing. I've seen how a good dog's temperament can and is altered by being in them place's, and I'm not saying Jasper's wasn't. Every dog that you read about in the paper's almost alway's has a history of being HA on previous occasion's. If those stupid owner's wouldn't give them second chance's then they wouldn't make life hard for the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
Egan
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
Egan

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:06 pm

the dog growled at someone id agree that they should be put down but what im saying is it was caused by the rescue not giving the dog what it needed
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:15 pm

how is making a case for what a life is worth 'making excuses'? if someone is gonna take a life they should be the ones excusing themselves with valid reasons.

a few of us have already made it clear that we dont believe it was a decision made with valid reasoning, telling us we're wrong cause he's a bad dog isnt gonna change our mind when we clearly hold a strong opposing view

and if he couldnt be rehomed then plenty of rescues have lifers.

would you put your dog down if it growled and lunged at a kid but nothing came of it? if that was the case half there'd be a lot of good dogs put down because they had a 'moment' for whatever reason.

my staffie growled at me first night home from rescue yet the few on here that have met her saw she's a perfectly behaved friendly girl. she was in a new and strange situation and she got scared. i left her to it and gave her a little space and all was good after a bit. she's never once tried it on since.

Last edited by bazmud on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Egan wrote:
the dog growled at someone id agree that they should be put down but what im saying is it was caused by the rescue not giving the dog what it needed

problem is how do you give a dog what it needs in rescue? you've said you did some work there, it must be a nightmare trying to give any dog what it needs No
Back to top Go down
united
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:53 pm

bazmud wrote:
how is making a case for what a life is worth 'making excuses'? if someone is gonna take a life they should be the ones excusing themselves with valid reasons.

a few of us have already made it clear that we dont believe it was a decision made with valid reasoning, telling us we're wrong cause he's a bad dog isnt gonna change our mind when we clearly hold a strong opposing view

and if he couldnt be rehomed then plenty of rescues have lifers.

would you put your dog down if it growled and lunged at a kid but nothing came of it? if that was the case half there'd be a lot of good dogs put down because they had a 'moment' for whatever reason.

my staffie growled at me first night home from rescue yet the few on here that have met her saw she's a perfectly behaved friendly girl. she was in a new and strange situation and she got scared. i left her to it and gave her a little space and all was good after a bit. she's never once tried it on since.

Bazmud have you ever been around and seen one of these dog's that are HA? I have and have seen the damage one can do in second's to an adult let alone a child. ALL bulldog's that show any sign of HA should be PTS no bullshit excuses. Looking for reason's why something happened is making excuses.

People should be concentrating and putting the good of the breed first. Not on one dog that might have been a good dog but changed whilst in the shelter.

If the dog growled at a child then that is all the reason needed to PTS Jasper. I'd destroy ALL dog's that growl and go after children. Where children are concerned there are no excuses.
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:03 pm

most people with dogs have been around HA dogs at some stage, i just think PTS is for when all other avenues are exhausted. i also dont believe in the death sentence for humans, maybe the 2 are related in my mind.

we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:48 pm

There's plenty of healthy, stable, well-rounded dogs available, both as pups and adults.

I see no attraction to buying a dog that has had issues in the past!

As United said, it's dogs with HA problems (and there only has to be one) that can really stir up the shit for the rest of us. Leading to the APBT being legislated against or even banned.
Back to top Go down
christopher oconnell
Bully
Bully
christopher oconnell

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 4:09 pm

i stand corrected that dog should of being pts as harry stated theres plenty of fine healthy puppys for sale or even fine rescue dogs like egans romeo and gemma and ur dolly but a dog which has showing any ha if the right hands are not avabile should be pts ...
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:08 am

I think its the fact the they kept it all Hush Hush , letting it out id drip&dabs, and the fact the egar offered him a home and they refused is what most people are angry about! And that it stated that was 're homed' on there website.And also a few of the so said comments a CEO made.
Boots has growled a few times at the OH, but thats all. Should he be PTS?
The day he goes to snap/ bite then he will be PTS! I'm always wary of boots always have been.I wouldn't play with him in the same way i would with any of the others. Lately tho he is learning whats enough and when!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:44 am

there are worse things in life for a dog than being humanely euthenized, personaly i wouldnt like to be respsonsible to home a dog that i knew had growled at a child , could you live with the consequences if an incident happned ?? whos fault would it be , and again the whole breed would suffer , a few years ago i would have been in uproar hearing things like this but now i have to say i wouldnt like to give or to be given a dog that has already growled at a child no matter what breed , but obviosly have to be even more careful the larger the dog ect , it is unfortunate for poor Jasper and i do hope he is at peace now poor dog xx
Back to top Go down
Hayls25
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
Hayls25

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:16 am

Well now we know what really happened, I think it was in everyone's best interest that Jasper was pts.. I would not take in or condone anyone taking in any breed of dog that's ha.. Maybe it's cos I have kids I just couldn't put any animal's welfare before their's. And if my dog even looked at one of them the wrong way he'd get a slug in him!! Obviously they know what's acceptable around the dog too
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:10 am

There was a volunteering ordination on the 7th of Jan , when the CEO said''All pitbulls are put down because they are bred for fighting due to insurance reasons'. Also that 'Alot of other rescues send them to Sweden and other countries where they don't know what happens to them'.
A member of staff also commented saying' Pitbulls that are born in the shelter or young puppies will be rehomed'.

I think alot of people are confused about there poilcy, and the the dspca are giving out the wrong message. Staff member said that they are a 'low kill shelter' then a video on there website say 'they never put a healthy animal down'
Back to top Go down
jumper
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
jumper

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:14 am

bazmud wrote:

EVERY dog that growls and lunges at a kid should be PTS, there would be far less scarred children in the world if this was the case

@Boots, while we all agree that EGAR do some good work, they put a whole new meaning on the term "Bleeding Heart", NOT all dogs should be given a second chance or should be kept alive just to prove a point
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:15 am

@Boots

I don't know why you're getting so annoyed about it.

An Aggresive dog was PTS. Simple as. I can see no reason to keep it alive when there's better dogs out there, which don't have the problems.
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:34 am

Harry wrote:
@Boots

I don't know why you're getting so annoyed about it.

An Aggresive dog was PTS. Simple as. I can see no reason to keep it alive when there's better dogs out there, which don't have the problems.

My Last Post Has nothing to do 'Jasper'. It has got to do with there poilcy to 'Pitbulls' in General!
Back to top Go down
christy
Daddy
Daddy
christy

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:06 am

ive been reading this from the start , i agree with pts for dogs that are HA

, but there are ppl out there THAT SAY PPLS DOGS WENT FOR THERE KID ? then change there mind , so dont believe all ye hear abt dogs being aggressive until ye are sure that they are , i know im being picky, the shelter ppl must have seen the dog growling at the child and they were right to put the dog down , circumstances are what make dogs react in all kind of manner, be it they run away bark with nerves and ultimate way out is to bite, its nature in the way they react, imo theses dogs should NOT be kept around kids where it puts the child in the path of danger dogs can change so quickly weather it be over a piece of food dropped on the floor or a simple toy , kids dont understand that the dog has claimed the toy , i know ppl wont agree with what ive said but thats the way i see things , n dont get me wrong i love all dogs , just this breed is very strong and powerful to have around kids incase things go wrong ,
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:16 am

nobody is saying every dog should have a chance but theres a few things to consider here.

1. a lot of people have met jasper and found him a perfect gent.

2. the story of his HA has gotten worse as the outcry got worse. why is that? first there was a small incident, then he growled and now he lunged with bared teeth.
give us the truth from the start or expect a reaction when the lies unfold.

3. if the story of the first incident with a kid is true then why in gods name was he rehomed to a family. whoever made that decision killed jasper there and then.

Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:28 am

bazmud wrote:
nobody is saying every dog should have a chance but theres a few things to consider here.

1. a lot of people have met jasper and found him a perfect gent.

2. the story of his HA has gotten worse as the outcry got worse. why is that? first there was a small incident, then he growled and now he lunged with bared teeth.
give us the truth from the start or expect a reaction when the lies unfold.

3. if the story of the first incident with a kid is true then why in gods name was he rehomed to a family. whoever made that decision killed jasper there and then.

Where did it say he was rehomed to a family?

I thought he growled at the shelter, and was killed at the shelter.
Back to top Go down
jumper
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
jumper

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:35 am

if there was a genuine incident involving a child, then the dog is a liability to every child he may have met in the future & every responsible owner that doesn't want an incident involving the breed to result in a breed ban

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jasper the APBT looking for his new home
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next