EIRE PIT BULLS
TO VIEW THE FULL SITE YOU MUST JOIN THE FORUM. THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE.
EIRE PIT BULLS
TO VIEW THE FULL SITE YOU MUST JOIN THE FORUM. THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE.
EIRE PIT BULLS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a open forum to discuss the American Pit Bull terrier, not only in Ireland but worldwide

HomeEire linksLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jasper the APBT looking for his new home

Go down 
+12
christopher oconnell
J.B
bazmud
izzy11
Helen
jayh82
Egan
Michele
Tracy
Caren
Hayls25
bootspitty
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:11 am

nobody knows. ive mailed 2 people but not had any answer yet.
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:17 am

Ok so the story is he growled at a child. Egar offered to take him in ,sign a disclaimer etc but 'cahill' was having none of it!
Back to top Go down
Egan
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
Egan

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:58 am

most of yous know that i used to do alot of work with the dspca.i stoped a few months back because i didnt agree with alot of there rules.not only concerning bull breeds but many other dogs.i was there for the original assesment of jasper months ago and he had one of the best temperments iv seen in a pitbull.being couped up in a small kennel all day with minimal exercise for them and i know exactly how much they get of course the dog will start to act up.he was there for close to five months i think or could of been longer.one thing about jimmy cahill from what iv seen of him.hes a business man first animal person last
Back to top Go down
izzy11
Bully
Bully
izzy11

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:09 am

oh my god i cant believe that, for growling at a child they put him down Mad the poor dog, im in shock over affraid i mean if egar was willing to take him why didnt they just let him go to them Crying or Very sad its a very sad day when an animal "rescue" does this...
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:15 am

Cahill also said that they are a 'no kill shelter' but that they euthanise all pitbulls because they are a "fighting breed".!!

Jasper was probly never around kids, how could he be being couped up in a small pen for most of the day!
Looks like your Lucky Egan you got romeo asap cheers
Back to top Go down
izzy11
Bully
Bully
izzy11

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:21 am

grrr it just makes me so angry, even if i didnt own a pitbull or even a bully breed id still be hoping over that, they should have done all they could for him before been so quick to PTS Mad what else are they doing to "help" animals that we dont know about confused

romeo is very lucky Egan was there, he is a big pet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Egan
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
Egan

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:41 am

and they arent a non kill shelter but there a lot better then most places.for the year and a bit that i was training dogs up there i only saw one dog get put down that was healthy and had been up for rehoming.pretty much the same story dog was there for months was an athletic dog mastiif lab cross and wasnt geting the exercise he needed.was always animal aggressive but after that much time of siting in a kennel having people come up and knock on the glass look at him all day long he turned ha.now any dog that is ha should be put to sleep imo but this was caused by the shelter as im nearly sure jasper was.no way that dog was aggressive id seen him near kids he couldnt care less
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:57 am

izzy11 wrote:
oh my god i cant believe that, for growling at a child they put him down Mad the poor dog, im in shock over affraid i mean if egar was willing to take him why didnt they just let him go to them Crying or Very sad its a very sad day when an animal "rescue" does this...

In fairness, If I was putting a dog down, that's the main reason I'd do it!

He showed Aggression towards a person, if he did that to your niece or Vinny's little daughter? I don't think you'd be saying "oh the poor dog" you'd be kicking the fucker up the walls.

Well I would anyway, maybe you guys prefer dogs to people.
Back to top Go down
Hayls25
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
Hayls25

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:02 pm

I wouldn't be sticking up for the dog for growling at a child, that is a no no in any case with a big dog! But the thing that pisses me off is the fact that EGAR offered to take him and sign a disclaimer and all and they wouldn't let the dog go. The woman in EGAR knew what he did and obviously if he had done it he would NEVER be rehomed with kids. Would you put a Jack Russel down for growling at a child..? NO! It happens every day of the week.. most terriers I know are grumpy little bastards when it comes to children poking at them.
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:14 pm

he could easily have been rehomed to a no kids home with pit experience. after nearly 8 months in a kennel i'd be growling too!

such a shame, he was sooo close to making it.

ive a stinking email half written already
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Hayls25 wrote:
I wouldn't be sticking up for the dog for growling at a child, that is a no no in any case with a big dog! But the thing that pisses me off is the fact that EGAR offered to take him and sign a disclaimer and all and they wouldn't let the dog go. The woman in EGAR knew what he did and obviously if he had done it he would NEVER be rehomed with kids. Would you put a Jack Russel down for growling at a child..? NO! It happens every day of the week.. most terriers I know are grumpy little bastards when it comes to children poking at them.

You can bet that I would put it down.

The only dog I wouldn't put down for being HA would be a Guard dog... for obvious reasons...
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:23 pm

if thats the case then a very high % of dogs should be put down in rescues. growling once is not reason enough to be PTS. plenty of rescues are openly advertised as 'not to be rehomed with kids'
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:29 pm

bazmud wrote:
if thats the case then a very high % of dogs should be put down in rescues. growling once is not reason enough to be PTS. plenty of rescues are openly advertised as 'not to be rehomed with kids'

"Well there's your problem" as Mr. Hyneman on Mythbusters would say.

How is rehoming aggressive dogs a good thing?

Last edited by Harry on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistake, how embarrassing :-))
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:34 pm

ive met jasper on countless occasions. he was one of the dogs we used to test dolly's temperment before i agreed to adopt her. he never showed any aggression to me, my kid or dolly.

we have no idea of why he growled, im not saying its ok but its definitly not a PTS offence FFS.
Back to top Go down
christopher oconnell
Bully
Bully
christopher oconnell

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:35 pm

look at it this way that child could of being tormenting him or anything theres two sides to every coin but ya in some ways im not agreeing with them putting him to sleep i think they should of waited and increased his levels of excrise if he showed any other signs of HA after that and there was noone after a few months to sign the disclaimer who owned the breed before and had a low income of children in and out the house then and only then in my opnion should he be even consdiered for being pts
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Here is a post by Miriam who works at the DSPCA she posted on EGARS wall

Hi all, please do get your facts straight before you make defamatory, unsubstantiated, unsafe and untrue comments regarding the Dublin SPCA, Irelnd's oldest and largest animal rescue shelter. Firstly we are a LOW KILL SHELTER, and have never professed to be a No Kill Shelter. We did not humanely euthanise Jasper lightly. We gave Jasper every chance possible and we are all, staff and volunteers, heartbroken that the veterinary decision was taken to humanely euthanise him when it was decided, again, by experts, that it was impossible to rehome him following certain incidents which gave rise to serious possible repercussions if he was rehomed. As a professional organisation, as a responsible organisation, the Dublin SPCA must take into consideration the welfare of our animals' new parents as well as the welfare of our animals themselves and therefore must be able to stand over and be fully accountable that every animal we rehome is fully rehomeable. Please get your facts right...and they are - Jasper could not be rehomed. Jasper was un rehomeable. Jasper was given every possible chance, was constantly supervised by our expert dog trainer/behaviourist and veterinary staff and in the interest of safety a decision was taken to humanely euthanise him. That decision was taken with regret but with the animal's best interest at heart. Please contact me at miriam.kerins@dspca.ie if you feel you need further clarification on this matter and please defer from making comments about something which you cannot possibly fully understand because you do not have the correct facts. Many thanks, Miriam. 01-4994710, Dublin SPCA
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:45 pm

i got a similiar but slightly different version of events with only 1 incident mentioned. i guess we can only take their word for it.
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:55 pm

I guess we never do know what we are supporting , unless we dig deep to find the flaws!
'WHEN' i win the lotto ( i am planning on it lol! ) i will open a no kill shelter- and it will mean exactly what it says on the sign! Whatever the issie with the dog there are ways around them all!
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:58 pm

gimme a job! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:07 pm

bootspitty wrote:
I guess we never do know what we are supporting , unless we dig deep to find the flaws!
'WHEN' i win the lotto ( i am planning on it lol! ) i will open a no kill shelter- and it will mean exactly what it says on the sign! Whatever the issie with the dog there are ways around them all!

So you'll keep unhealthy/aggressive dogs alive? Why?
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Last edited by bazmud on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:20 pm

Harry wrote:
bootspitty wrote:

So you'll keep unhealthy/aggressive dogs alive? Why?

Sick to the bone, dying in my arms , no way back , then best option would be pts
Aggressive to dogs- not to homed with other dogs
Aggression to kids - not to be homed with kids.
Aggression to people in general then they would come permanent residents!
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:24 pm

bazmud wrote:
Quote :
hi guys,
im very sorry but im going to have to cancel my pet boarding booking. i cant support DSPCA after jasper the pitbull was put down. i was told in plain english that the rehoming dept was no kill and i made it clear that i wouldnt adopt otherwise. i feel like i was lied to just to shift a dog.

i know it had nothing to do with pet boarding but as a bullie fanatic i cant allow my money or dog to go to DSPCA anymore
sorry
barry murphy

I think now alot of people will stop supporting them. Alot of bull breed fanatics will i think. I currently sponser Dogs Trust, but im now going to dig a little deeper into there poilcys. My money could be going to likes of EGAR who never put a dog down!
Back to top Go down
jumper
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
jumper

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:54 pm

if ppl stop supporting shelters , there will be even more dogs PTS

if u are going to run a business or organisation , then two things are very important

1 : the business must be ablle to pay for itself, so the best person to run it should be a business man

2 : Always cover your own arse, if there was any doubt over the safety of rehoming a dog of a breed affected by BSL, then the only safe option is to have it PTS

that's basic common sense

if a pitbull was rehomed from a SPCA and went on to be involved in an incident involving a child or a person, then the bad publicity and fallout would ruin that SPCA, simple
Back to top Go down
united
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:20 pm

If any dog has been kept in a shelter for many month it's highly likely that it will develop behavioral problem's and it temperament will be altered. Especially as most shelter's do not or can't give them the exercise to relieve the stresses such an enviroment does cause's a dog.

If Jasper did growl at a child then they have done the right thing, it's the last thing the breed need's another biting incident involving some kiddie. If it was one of mine I wouldn't make any excuse's he be gone PTS.

There is an over population of the breed which is why so many end up in shelter's. If Jasper was really wanted he wouldn't have ended up in the shelter in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jasper the APBT looking for his new home
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next