EIRE PIT BULLS
TO VIEW THE FULL SITE YOU MUST JOIN THE FORUM. THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE.
EIRE PIT BULLS
TO VIEW THE FULL SITE YOU MUST JOIN THE FORUM. THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE.
EIRE PIT BULLS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a open forum to discuss the American Pit Bull terrier, not only in Ireland but worldwide

HomeEire linksLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Jasper the APBT looking for his new home

Go down 
+12
christopher oconnell
J.B
bazmud
izzy11
Helen
jayh82
Egan
Michele
Tracy
Caren
Hayls25
bootspitty
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 12:47 pm

Michele wrote:

Jasper might not be a problem but if someone adopted him that had another dog that was DA and didn't know how to handle it, then there would be problems.

but anyone rehoming a dog with another should have plenty of meetings between them before deciding surely.

anyway, i was only talking in my case. ive seen jasper and my girl playing together as she was kenneled next door to him in dspca. we also took them out together so i could see how she was with other dogs. so im talking as a staffie owner. you PBT owners know your breed better than me so im sure different rules apply.
Back to top Go down
christy
Daddy
Daddy
christy

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 1:54 pm

bazmud wrote:
Michele wrote:

Jasper might not be a problem but if someone adopted him that had another dog that was DA and didn't know how to handle it, then there would be problems.

but anyone rehoming a dog with another should have plenty of meetings between them before deciding surely.

anyway, i was only talking in my case. ive seen jasper and my girl playing together as she was kenneled next door to him in dspca. we also took them out together so i could see how she was with other dogs. so im talking as a staffie owner. you PBT owners know your breed better than me so im sure different rules apply.

i agree with you abt the meetings , BUT AND its a big but , pit bulls change as they get older

like my own he used to be great with other dogs when a pup untill abt 16mts old then he wanted anything

that even resembled a dog , ha ha now he is twice as bad , Embarassed
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:17 pm

what age do you reckon he is from pics? i think dspca said 5/6.
Back to top Go down
J.B
TOP DOG
TOP DOG

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:22 pm

You cant tell from a pic my red dog here is 6 or 7 and anyone whos seen him will tell ye he only looks about 3 or 4yr old if even that .
Back to top Go down
christopher oconnell
Bully
Bully
christopher oconnell

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 4:31 pm

when they hit 2 isnt it they get the preydrive ?
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:23 pm

christopher oconnell wrote:
when they hit 2 isnt it they get the preydrive ?

Nope,

Some pups have it from a couple of weeks (Domino) where as some get it later, 8-16 months, and some don't get it until way later like 4yrs, but the extremes are rare, and some don't get it at all, they're called COLD dogs.
Back to top Go down
Egan
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
Egan

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 5:31 pm

i thought cold was just another term for a dog that didnt scratch ?gemma doesnt have any drive at all put a rabbit in front of her and she will lie down beside it.but shes one lil tough dog wheres romeo would be very driven ever since i had him will go full blast after every male dog but is a lil pussy lol!
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:21 pm

Cold is when a dog won't start anything, I think Gemma qualifies as Cold, I think James will be better able to explain it but as far as I'm aware it's dogs like Gemma and Brock, where as dogs like Duke which go for anything are the opposite.

It's not another word for a Cur anyway.

If only you could tag people like FB lol! @James B @united @Ricky B lol!
Back to top Go down
christopher oconnell
Bully
Bully
christopher oconnell

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:06 am

isnt it all the way there breed ? i dont know how exactly it effects it but i thaught it was Smile
Back to top Go down
united
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:24 am

The way a dog is bred is only one aspect of an individual dog's personality a tiny piece, how they're raised and looked plus what they're encouraged to do from puppyhood count for way more.

Having one that's highly aggresive towards other dog's in the street don't mean it's a good one, has high preydrive or is typical of the breed, it just mean's a person has more of a nuisance on the end of the lead.

A cold dog won't ever fight even if attacked and bitten, some of them do hunt other animal's but won't fight another dog. A cur is one that has already quit. To many cold and cur are different side's of the same coin.
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:46 am

what do you mean by "has already quit"?
Back to top Go down
united
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 am

Refused to scratch.
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:45 am

Jasper was PTS Sad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Hayls25
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
Hayls25

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:46 am

No way!! I thought he'd been rehomed ages ago Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:06 am

No he was in reserve or something! Dont know the reason as to why he was PTS yet.Didnt think the DSPCA done that unles the animal was sick etc! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:16 am

Post edited for the time being!

Last edited by bootspitty on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:30 am

jasper wasnt PTS where is that BS coming from?

a friend of mine looks after him out at DSPCA and he was going to come on the walk last sunday but she couldnt make it. he's getting ready to go to his new home as we speak

here he is only 3 days ago safe and sound
Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 Jasper10
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:37 am

Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:38 am

Got the info from EGAR.
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:42 am

i doubt it? maybe a mix up in dogs/names possibly?

there would be no reason to PTS unless he had a sudden moment of aggression. sure even staff members were talking about adopting him if things didnt come thru with the new home!

if that is true then they'll lose my support. dolly uses boarding and the vet clinic.
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:45 am

Is that the one at UCD?
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:46 am

There's no other JASPER thats is a pitbull as the dspca. or any breed.

Their could be a reason as to why he was PTS , but havent heard anything yet!
Back to top Go down
bazmud
Junior
Junior
bazmud

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:49 am

there was a little terrier up for rehoming called jasper thats now gone off the website.

im waiting to hear back from jen @ DSPCA, she'll be devestated if its true. she put a huge amount of work into that dog Sad
Back to top Go down
bootspitty
TOP DOG
TOP DOG
bootspitty

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:51 am

I think she knows already as she mailed someone under S.G status. This jasper too is gone off the site.
Back to top Go down
izzy11
Bully
Bully
izzy11

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:04 am

What!!! no way, what happened????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jasper the APBT looking for his new home    Jasper the APBT looking for his new home  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jasper the APBT looking for his new home
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next