EIRE PIT BULLS
TO VIEW THE FULL SITE YOU MUST JOIN THE FORUM. THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE.
EIRE PIT BULLS
TO VIEW THE FULL SITE YOU MUST JOIN THE FORUM. THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE.
EIRE PIT BULLS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a open forum to discuss the American Pit Bull terrier, not only in Ireland but worldwide

HomeEire linksLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

new here and new to pits

Go down 
+7
DecoD
doylerx2
Macker
united
wolfie.irl
vinny
mick-nero
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mick-nero
Newborn
Newborn

new here and new to pits Empty
PostSubject: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:36 pm

well wolfie.irl who has just joined put me onto this site as i have just picked up a pup about a week ago and started the training process.
ive been looking into them for the past couple of years by lurking on different forums and reading whatever i could find that wasnt all about condemning the breed, but no amount of reading or talking to people will be the same as having one of your own,

so im looking for any tips that can be given on specific feeds etc that i should be looking at. he's currently on pedigree puppy feed as thats what the previous owner recommended and had that parents on when they were that size (7 weeks old) but if theres a better feed that is recommended over here then id rather have that. anyway im off for a poke around.
Back to top Go down
vinny
THE BOSS
vinny

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:19 pm

hows it goin...you get a dog or bitch? as for foods everybody has der own choice but i use red mills star most the time and red mills racer if im working them.
Back to top Go down
wolfie.irl
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:18 pm

Good lad mick and in case he is slow to respond he got a dog
Back to top Go down
mick-nero
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:23 pm

yeah i got a dog, red mills star, that would be when hes a bit older really. he's still a small puppy at the moment
Back to top Go down
united
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:54 pm

At 7 weeks of age he should still be with his littermates imo. I feed my very young pups what I feed my adults (redmills racer) but well soaked in chicken broth and mashed up, and I mix in minced tripe and cooked chicken in with it. i wouldn't change your pups feed just yet, I'd let him settle in for a few weeks first then if you want to change his feed, do it gradually when he get's about 12 weeks of age.
Back to top Go down
Macker
Junior
Junior
Macker

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:37 am

Welcome to the forum bud.

I feed the pups on a feed called red witch puppy feed. Throw up a couple pics if ye get a chance.
Back to top Go down
doylerx2
Bully
Bully
doylerx2

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:44 am

welcome along , did you get a ped with your dog , i would advise you to do a bit of research on food for your dog , learn how to read a list of ingredients and know what it means , a decent food should have meat as a protein source in first or second ingredient, ://www.dogfoodadvisor.com check out your dogfood rating on there, with the better quality food you feed less so it can work out the same price to feed a better feed
Back to top Go down
DecoD
puppy
puppy
DecoD

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Welcome along man
Back to top Go down
mick-nero
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:44 am

no i havent a ped for him, but the father of him his a pup from sire stitch (which there seems to be a bit of good and bad about) and dame sandy which i havent heard much about both on irishpitbulls.com

been looking into his mothers bloodlines but not alot at the moment. he was bought in thurles off olx

pics.. i cant post for 7 days..... links to them
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:48 am

There's a few older brothers off that litter around the forums, Mick.

Stitch X Sandy has been done at least twice, but maybe more. There's like 50 pups off Stitch since he went to Cork, aging up to about 3 at this stage maybe.

If you go on Facebook, Anthony Byrd has the parents, there's lots of pics of them there.
Back to top Go down
mick-nero
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Harry wrote:
There's a few older brothers off that litter around the forums, Mick.

Stitch X Sandy has been done at least twice, but maybe more. There's like 50 pups off Stitch since he went to Cork, aging up to about 3 at this stage maybe.

If you go on Facebook, Anthony Byrd has the parents, there's lots of pics of them there.

thanks harry, they are the parents of nero's father (18 month old), ive to try find something on the mother though.
Back to top Go down
Harry
Bully
Bully

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Oh sorry, I read that wrong so.

If you're trying to get any info, it's best to ''strike while the iron is hot'' as the saying goes. These dogs tend to get passed around so much any lineage they have gets lost quickly. Especially when the info is all word-of-mouth to begin with.
Back to top Go down
mick-nero
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Harry wrote:
Oh sorry, I read that wrong so.

If you're trying to get any info, it's best to ''strike while the iron is hot'' as the saying goes. These dogs tend to get passed around so much any lineage they have gets lost quickly. Especially when the info is all word-of-mouth to begin with.

yeah as far as i know he only had the dame in for the litter then she was back to her owner. i have the guys mother i got him off tracing the mothers bloodlines as she is the main breeder for the guy i got nero from. but have been keeping in touch with them too
Back to top Go down
mick-nero
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:09 am

now theres the little fella

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
vinny
THE BOSS
vinny

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 12:22 pm

lovely little lad,,nice
Back to top Go down
mick-nero
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:34 pm

thanks vinny, just in the middle of training him to drop now. has get it, sit, five and almost has stay. also 95% house trained too, just the nights now which we have to sort but thats more a puppy thing i think.

oh and the chewing up everything he see's other than the chew toys i got him..
Back to top Go down
pitbulljp
Newborn
Newborn
pitbulljp

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 1:37 pm

nice dog man and welcome
Back to top Go down
yerichoffpits
Newborn
Newborn
yerichoffpits

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 3:17 pm

nice pup and welcome, ill give always puppy food from the brand ill give the older dogs, ill can get 3 or 4 stages off food from liddle puppy to growing up adult dog.
all off the dogs ill had have are fine on them buth you must read and look whats the best for your dog and ask the meanings on the board if you do not now what 2 do.
hope you will find more info about him
Back to top Go down
http://www.yerichoffpits.be
chris139ryan
puppy
puppy
chris139ryan

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am

welcome along, gorgeous pup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new here and new to pits   new here and new to pits Empty

Back to top Go down

new here and new to pits
Page 1 of 1