EIRE PIT BULLS
TO VIEW THE FULL SITE YOU MUST JOIN THE FORUM. THIS WILL ONLY TAKE A MINUTE.

This is a open forum to discuss the American Pit Bull terrier, not only in Ireland but worldwide

HomeEire linksRegisterLog in
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Share | 

HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jackd247
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:46 am

Hi fellow pitbull lovers. I too fall into this bracket and i am not going to let the law stop me from having a breed that i love and respect. I admire all types, red nose, bully, blue nose, apbt, SBT, irish but especially the AMSTAFF.

im sure you will agree it is a beautiful dog, well i am in search for a good quality breeder, i hear ireland is place to help me, so if anyone has any information on amstaffs it would be great to hear from you, i have been looking into this for some time now.

There is a possibility to get one imported from Hungary, who the breeder says he can import one to ireland no problem, does anyone know any information on this also?

im glad i found this site, its good to see that so many other people love this type of dog aswell, hope to speak to some of you soon...Cheers

END BSL
Back to top Go down
Tracy
WILD ONE

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:53 am

Hey Jack welcome

jumper
TOP DOG
TOP DOG

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 am

almost all pedigree amstaffs in Ireland are Irish Kennel Club registered
that means that they are microchipped and linked to the breeder
the same is true for their pups

NO breeder with half a brain will sell an amstaff to the U.K., especially when the microchip links that dog to the breeder

I spoke to u about this before jack daniels 247, when u contacted me by e-mail

enjoy your sbts, theres very little difference in ast's and sbt's
some ast's are as small as sbt's
and some sbt's are as tall as ast's

Back to top Go down
vinny
THE BOSS

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:24 am

Welcome..but as jumper says anybody who care for the breedin wont let a dog go to uk..

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:45 am

thanks for your comments
Back to top Go down
kenny dog
puppy
puppy

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:00 am

howdie and welcome to the site
Back to top Go down
united
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:06 am

Technically Amstaff's are not illegal in the UK. Being AKC recognised and by their afiliated organisation's around the world make's them a recognised breed and not a type. It's complex but legally they're legal.

If anyone does get them in he'd have to register them withe KC and attempt to show them as a rare breed in an attempt to protect them plus profiling of parents etc. Cause if they were seized as a type he'd have to show a court the difference's between breed and type.
Back to top Go down
jumper
TOP DOG
TOP DOG

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:52 am

technically you are correct united

however I checked with u.k. airport authorities in heathrow a few years ago about flying my amstaff into the u.k as Malev Hungarian does not fly to Ireland in the winter months, & was informed that I coud not bring the dog into the u.k

Anna of Goloka kennels also attempted to bring her amstaff Hafan in via the u.k. and was refused

Anna also has a letter from N.I. officials in Belfast stating that the breed is considered a type and are illegal

BUT, here's where it muddies the water again, Anna was given a letter from N.I. authorities allowing her to show Hafan at a show there last year

afaik u are correct that lagally amstaffs are a legal breed in the U.K., but that needs to be explained to all the relevant authorities correctly

is it true to say that some KC sbt's were siezed in the u.k. because they measured up as pitbull types, and a certain no. of these sbt's that were given back were sterilized without the owners consent while in the care of the authorities?
some may have even been pts ?

Back to top Go down
united
Junior
Junior

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:49 am

As I said it's complex. Most authorities here wouldn't know one end of a dog from another. And not much about the law either, so explaining thing's to would be like talking to a brick. Especially if you meet a job's worth.

What you say above is true that genuine SBT's have been destryed as a result of the dda also crossbreeds with no apbt ancestry. And that some owner's of APBT's have tried to say they're dog's are SBT's and ISBT's in a fight for their dog's. Some dog's have been returned to their owner's (without trial) only to be seized again and later convicted. Some APBT's have even been found to be something else and returned to their owners after a trial, which make's them and their offspring legal. And make's the dda the stupid legislation it is.

The arguement's in court have to be heard to be believed. You have no idea what a prosecution expert will say unlesss you've sat and listened to these so called expert's just what they'll say to kill a dog. My favourite is when a SBT show judge actually said as evidence that if a dog grow's 2 inch's above it's breed standard it automatically then becomes another breed.

Anyone bringing in an Amstaff openly would have to do his homework and plan ahead for all senario's.
Back to top Go down
jumper
TOP DOG
TOP DOG

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:44 am

not really worth the hassle to be honest, that's just my opinion

I personaly would not like a dog linked to me via a microchip to end up being confiscated in the u.k.

Back to top Go down
jumper
TOP DOG
TOP DOG

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:47 am

united wrote:

My favourite is when a SBT show judge actually said as evidence that if a dog grow's 2 inch's above it's breed standard it automatically then becomes another breed.

the sad part is these ppl are considered experts
all they know is a breed standard and how to breed dogs to make money
Back to top Go down
curtis101
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Hi i'm also from the uk alough i dont have this problem the dogs in the uk are EVERY bit as good as the dogs in ireland the usa or infact anywhere in the world alough there hard to find they are there but hidden and unless you no how to find them you never will..
Back to top Go down
curtis101
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 pm

same with the APBT but that is a diffrent ball game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF   

Back to top Go down

HI FROM GLASGOW IN SEARCH OF AMSTAFF
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1